I guess the Liberals were wrong

Go down

I guess the Liberals were wrong  Empty I guess the Liberals were wrong

Post by Consumer Alert on Wed May 07, 2014 9:10 pm

"Guns are a lot like parachutes ~ If you need one and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again"

On January 1, 2014 Illinois became a "shall Issue" concealed carry state where the state was forced by federal ruling to issue concealed handgun licenses to law abiding citizens who meet the qualifications.

Prior to that Chicago had one of the worst murder rates in the nation.

The liberals predicted blood running in the streets if concealed carry passed, with licensed & trained gun carriers running amok.

News Release:

On Tuesday, the Chicago Police Department announced that the city experienced its lowest murder rate since 1958 in the first quarter of 2014. There were 6 fewer murders than the same timeframe in 2013 — a 9 percent drop — and 55 fewer murders than 2012, police said.

Further, there were reportedly 90 fewer shootings and 119 fewer shooting victims compared to last year. There have also been 222 fewer shootings and 292 fewer shooting victims compared to the first quarter in 2012.

The first case of lawful self defense by a concealed handgun license has been reported. I would imagine word is getting out on street people are no longer victims in Chicago!

Article
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-04-05/news/chi-cops-no-charges-for-man-with-concealed-carry-permit-who-fired-at-armed-male-20140405_1_carry-permit-two-face-charges-police-search

NO MORE VICTIMS - Even the playing field with the 220 Lb assailant

I guess the Liberals were wrong  Gun-a-10
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some additional notes:

Independent Journal Review’s Mike Miller outlines some of the research that has been conducted on the issue:
Gun crime experts John Lott, Jr. and David Mustard made the famous argument in “Crime, Deterrence, and Right-to-Carry Concealed Firearms” that: “When state concealed handgun laws went into effect in a county, murders fell by 8.5 percent, and rapes and aggravated assaults fell by 5 and 7 percent.” More guns mean less crime.
Gary Kleck, PhD., also a gun crime expert, found that the crime deterrence effect of firearms possession is significant: sophisticated statistics suggest three to four crimes are stopped by a handgun than are committed in the United States every year.
Detroit, a longtime progressive city plagued by violent crime, is currently taking an armed stand against criminals. The city’s police chief, James Craig, has advised “fed up” residents to exercise their Second Amendment rights if they feel their life is in danger.
He said criminals should be afraid to break into homes or commit other crimes because it could be the last thing they ever do. Craig also pointed out, “you’re not always going to have time to dial 911.”
As TheBlaze reported last month, the number of fatal self-defense shootings are on the rise in Detroit. There had already been 10 fatal self-defense shootings in the city as of March 27, while there were only 15 in all of 2013.
Time will tell if criminals in Detroit will get the message and think twice before breaking the law. One thing is undeniable, as Craig says, “a lot of good Detroiters are fed up.”
Consumer Alert
Consumer Alert

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum